fredag 21. desember 2012

Europe gig no.4 - November 14th 2006 - Rockefeller, Oslo.

Written and last edited on November 17th, 3 days after the gig. I'm 20 years old, studying at the university college in Tromsø. This review was written directly into the Europe forum, by the means of severals posts. The people mentioned are Iren, a good friend and fan from Holmestrand, Atle, a fan I met on my last gig, and Thomas (how I met him, I have explained in the text)


"I have just come back to Tromsø. It's been 26-27 hours since I last slept, so I will probably
edit some of this blabbering tomorrow. I am still numb. Overexcitement hasn't found it's way into my body yet, I am so full of impressions.


First: Fan meet-up at Hard Rock Café, with 6-7 Norwegian fans, all lucky winners of
backstage passes to the gig. While there, someone in our group requested Europe to the DJ, so we got to hear: In the future to come, Open your heart, Rock the night, Carrie and Prisoners in paradise in that order (5 songs from 4 albums, not bad...) We didn't leave at the same time, some of us were a bit more eager than the others of getting in the line





But still, I think most of us ended up in or near first row, or at least decent spots.
I was benched at the same place as the last Rockefeller gig, in front of John Levén, he gave the press a real treat by standing there posing and looking gorgeous.

I was standing on front row with Thomas, Sara (Italy) and Alessia (Italy)






Oh, rushing now, first, Stereolith! They played.


Now then: Europe.
Still no dangerous amount of pressure, no more so the ENTIRE gig (at least for me, I cannotsay much for the others) There was just one moment where a really drunk guy came up to me and jumped up and down thinking he was best friends with everyone (sounds familiar, ey?) But the guards where pro and sent him away.

The guards were also really nice. Didn't say anything about the cameras that was brought in after the purse-check (how come they missed mine??) So, a little amount of pictures taken. One or two of John Norum, a few of Mic, some of Joey, and lots of John Levén (it must have been the posing...) Ian was a bit hidden, as always. But he played great  

I am not sure what you want to know about the setlist? Well, here goes,
in the order of the albums they originate from:

Seven Doors Hotel, Wings of tomorrow, Carrie, Rock the night, Cherokee, TFC,
Sign of the times, Superstitious, Let the good times rock, Yesterdays News,
Girl from Lebanon, Flames, Gotta have faith, Start from the dark, Getaway Plan, Secret Society, Always the pretenders, Love is not the enemy, Let the Children Play, Bass solo, Guitar solo, and Keyboard solo/intro.


You can count for yourselves, I have tried really hard for an amount of time, but I just can't
manage to count them.


Meet and greet: all got their VIP-passes, waiting, waiting, and then some more waiting,
then suddenly Mic was there. I was really surprised, he just mixed in with the crowd
(9 Europemania-Norway winners, creating maximum of maybe 20 VIPs)
STILL GOT THE PASS INTACT!

Then we met, and greeted, and took pictures and had hugs and signatures. I can tell you more about some of the stupid things I said some other day.. or maybe I wont...

I LOVED IT, simply. And by the way; yes, the guys were great  

Now my bed is calling for me... I think... My senses aren't working properly, after
spending the night with Thomas, one of the Norwegian backstagers, and a new friend since Sunday //the concert was on a Tuesday, after that Sunday// (that's when I first met him, but we've been speaking on msn for a long time, thanks to... yes..this vandervool forum), and then having breakfast with Atle at the airport and talking about the gig and meet and everything.

More impressions, added later on:
a few things I managed to say

- I asked John Norum if he practised scales and technique studies or just songs, he answered it was just songs



- I asked Mic if he could be my keyboard teacher, cause that would be my dream, dunno if
he catched it, cause then another thought hit me, being that I wanted to tell him I played the saxophone. It was just.. that I wanted to ask them all at once, but hadn't prepared (even though I had promised Iren I would...)





- Asked John Levén if they needed a sax, and he joked it away (which he was supposed to, of course, I didn't mean it seriously), but he toldl me he DID like saxophone sound, and something about listening to it when he was younger.


- Scared away Joey, I think, by being so wanna-talk-and-wanna-do-it-now-with-my-way-too-intense-expression (or so I can imagine). Later on I apologized. And in the end I asked for (yes, asked for it...) a hug, and when we hugged I said to him that he was my biggest hero ever!



-Think I told all the guys to come to Tromsø (thank you Stein, for reminding me )

-Mic remembered my name (Tone Iren, at least ) and was really nice patting me on the
shoulder, hugging me (didn't ask for it.. at least not the first time, I think I'd forgotten that I had
already got one earlier, mind not working properly)


- Videotaped Ian while he talked to a friend of mine about drum stuff.. paparazzi, I know.. but I am just so taken aback by these five guys, I adore them.. and just standing there looking at them talking just put me in
euphoria, so figured I would tape it with my cellphone...)



- Snuck in on Thomas' picture with Mic, which I deeeeeply regret, since I ruined Thomas' pic completely, by looking like an ***...


One more thing: I am sober, have been for weeks. So, no blaming all this babbling on my
drunkeness!)  (December 21st 2012: I meant here that I hadn't been partying or
drinking alcohol for weeks, I did NOT mean for it to sound like I was a 20 year old girl in need of rehab)

(Picture link) http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/A ... er%202006/

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar